OneDigital @ The Gathering
Join us at The Gathering on Thursday 23rd February 2017 for a day of FREE inspiration, advice, discussion and debate on all things digital.
Exhibition (both days) & Events (Thursday 23rd February)
Thursday 9.30am One Digital: Leadership in a digital world
New technology and the internet have changed the way we live our lives. Have we evolved the way we deliver services to support individuals and communities in response?
Join leaders from across the public, private and third sectors to explore what leadership in a digital world means. Hint: it's not just knowing about the tech!
Who should attend? The session will be aimed at leaders in the sector and those aiming to drive digital transformation and culture change in their organisations.
- David Robb, OSCR Chief Executive and Deputy Director of Digital at the Scottish Government
- Martyn Wallace, Chief Digital Officer at Scottish Local Government Digital Office
- Rachel Neaman, Former CEO of Go On UK
- Florence Burke, Chief Executive of Music in Hospitals Scotland
- Jess Wade, OSCR Board Member
- David McNeill, Director of Digital of SCVO.
Thursday 11.30am One Digital: Showcasing innovation and tech for good
Many third sector organisations are quietly innovating, using digital technologies to improve services and outcomes. Join leading organisations to hear about what they are doing and ask those burning questions about how to deliver digital services.
Who should attend? The session will be aimed at anyone interested in developing digital services or improving process within their organisation.
- Neil Fleming, Challenges Worldwide
- Katie Lyne, CivTech
- Peter McColl, NESTA
- Douglas Maxwell, ALISS Programme
- Lauren Pluss, Good HQ
Thursday 1.30pm One Digital: Using digital tools effectively
Social media, websites, fundraising, video conferencing, accessibility, databases, data protection and cyber resilience… this session aims to cover them all and more! Join experts at the sessions which interest you for practical ‘how to’ advice and support.
Join up to four lightning sessions hosted by expert contributors :
- Appear.in - Video Conferencing (Tables 1 & 2)
- Be Good Be Social - Social Media (Table 3)
- Paisley YCMA - Digital Making (Table 4)
- Slack - Team Communication (Table 5)
- Texthelp - Browsealoud Accessibility Software (Table 6)
- Scottish Approach to Service Design (Table 7)
- Microsoft (Table 8)
- RNIB Online Today (Table 9)
- SCVO Funding Scotland (Table 10)
- Tech Trust - Discounted Charity Software (Table 11)
- Good HQ - Charity Platform (Table 12)
- Along Came Kirsty - Digital Fundraising (Table 13)
- SCVO - Salesforce (Table 14)
- SCVO - Brining Development In House (Table 15)
- Skyscanner - Free Cloud Software (Table 16)
- Skyscanner - Agile Principles (Table 17)
- Scottish Government - Cyber Resilience (Table 18)
- Young Scot - Online Rights (Table 19)
Each session will be repeated at 1:35, 2:10, 2:45 and 3:20, allowing participants to join up to four sessions.Who should attend? Anyone looking for inspiration, advice and practical support on using new digital tools.
Thursday 4pm OneDigital: Inspiring Growth with Google's Digital Garage
We are delighted that Google will be closing the One Digital Zone at The Gathering. Come and join us at 4.00pm on Thursday, February 23rd for an session from Google's Digital Garage experts on how to grow your organisation online.
What else is happening?SCVO Digital Exhibition
Drop-in to our stand to discuss all things related to: Scotland’s Digital Participation Charter and basic digital skills; new digital tools to support third sector organiastions; and SCVO’s online services, including Goodmoves, Funding Scotland and Good HQ (get a free coffee for your feedback!).
Mini pop-up theatre
11am Matt Moorut, Tech Trust - 30 min drop in questions about all your digital challenges
11.30am RNIB Online Today - 30 min presentation
2pm Tom Youll, Shelter - 30 min presentation
Sofa area - drop-in chats
10.30am Scotland's Digital Participation Charter
11.30am Funding Scotland
1.30pm - 2:30pm RNIB Online Today
3.30pm - 4:30pm Matt Moorut, Tech Trust
Mini pop-up theatre
11am Alan McNiven, Engage Renfrewshire, and Diane Webb, Renfrewshire Council - 30 minute presentation
12pm Mike Hall, Skyscanner - 30 mins drop-in questions about all things digital
Sofa area for drop-in chats
10am Scotland's Digital Participation Charter
11am - 12:30pm Ross McCulloch, Third Sector Lab & Be Good Be Social
1.30pm - 4:00pm Katie Lyne, CivTech
Stand number 61 to 66